Robbie from Physio Performance Drogheda is back again with another STOTT Pilates exercise to help you get that core strong.
Hip Circles are a really challenging exercise but one which is brilliant to help to strengthen up your core muscles whilst also improving hip flexor strength and endurance.
Hip circles really engage the Transverse Abdominis and Obliques bilaterally requiring a lot of core strength to perform this exercise.
How to Perform:
- Begin in a seated position with your legs extended in front and hands placed behind your hips with fingertips facing away from your body.
- Extend your legs out at a 45 degree angle to your body.
- On an inhale, circle your legs down and around to the right.
- Exhale at the bottom of the circle and continue through the circle to the left.
- Complete a few circles one way before your reverse directions.