Physio Performance is very pleased to be able to provide our clients with the opportunity to receive shockwave therapy as one of the many services we have on offer. There is no other physiotherapy clinic in Co. Louth providing this revolutionary treatment.
What Is Shockwave Therapy?
Radial shockwave therapy uses high pressured acoustic shockwaves that travel through the skin to break down targeted tissue and stimulate tissue repair. Essentially it kick starts the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
Is Shockwave Therapy an Effective Treatment Approach?
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles, Peroneal & Posterior Tibilais Tendinopathy
- Calcification & Rotator Cuff of the shoulder
- Patella Tendinopathy
- Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Hamstring Tendinopathy
- Shin splints
- Shockwave therapy is frequently effective where previous conservative management has failed to resolve notoriously stubborn complaints.
How Does Shockwave Therapy Work?
- Increasing circulation
- Breaking down calcification deposits
- Stimulating fibroblast (soft tissue cells) production – healing ligaments, tendons, muscles…
- Stimulating osteoblast (bone cells) production – healing bone
- Stimulating the “gate-control” mechanism for pain relief
- Inhibiting Cox II Enzyme, producing an anti-inflammatory effect
How Soon Will I See Results With Shockwave Therapy?
What Does A Shockwave Therapy Session Involve?
- Bleeding disorders
- Warfarin therapy
- Local inflammation/wound